We ask for your personal information when you make a purchase, register or sign up to receive news. Depending on which of these services you use, we may collect:
- your name and contact information including postal address, e-mail address and telephone number, even if you do not complete your purchase;
- details of any purchase orders that you place through the website, and any details we need for delivery;
- details you provide when you contact us or make enquiries either generally or about any purchases you make with us;
- details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access; and
- information you provide if you report a problem with our website;
Even if you do not use these services, or for example, do not proceed with a purchase, we will still gather any personal details entered and information about your activity on the website to understand what parts of the website and what products you are interested in, so that we can improve our website and tailor our services to you. Further details can be found in the Cookies Policy.
Depending on how you engage with us, we may use your information:
- to facilitate your use of this website and the services available through it;
- when you purchase from us, to process your order, collect payment, enable you to track you order online, arrange delivery and for other purchase related services (this may include contacting you by telephone, email or SMS to arrange, confirm or upgrade your delivery) and for ongoing customer service dealings including any faults or repairs or refunds;
- for internal accounting and regulatory purposes;
- for statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services;
- to improve and personalise your experience when you visit the website (See the cookies section), and to keep you informed about other products and services you might be interested
We do not share your data with any third parties except as provided in this policy or as required by law. We will not share personal data with third parties for Direct Marketing by those parties without your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to the police, regulators, law enforcement or other government agency where the law requires this, where appropriate to prevent or detect criminal activity, or in connection with product safety, and otherwise to relevant third parties to protect Safety Sign and Notices, its business, staff and customers; and
- to prospective or actual buyers in the event that Safety Signs and Notices sells any of its business or assets so help ensure continuity of your customer relationship.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases;
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Data Protection Officer, Safety Signs and Notices, Unit B – D Digby Street, Ilkeston, Derbyshire DE7 5TG, or email email@example.com To ask for your information to be amended, please update your online account, or contact our Customer Services team. If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interestIn cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
Direct marketingYou have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identityTo protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
To remove your data from marketing:
- Email our Customer Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with “REMOVE” as the email subject